Liz Claiborne - Shoddy craftsmanship

Featured Not resolved
1.8

Wow. Let me begin by saying all I asked my husband to purchase for me at Christmas was a small clutch in which to carry my credit cards and phone.

I did not expect, nor want a designer label but that's what he bought.

The two-sided bag was secured by zippers running along the sides and top of the purse and it also included a battery pack for my phone.

Not intending to hurt his feelings, I kept my husband's gift despite the fact I surmised it probably cost considerably more than a generic clutch.

This designer clutch included the credit card sleeves I required, room for my phone and the battery pack was a nice extra.

HOWEVER....last month (Sept.) the zipper around the credit card area began to fail miserably. The stitching came out -- making it utterly useless to me.

I would have expected an expectional level of quality from those products which society considers superior to other brands that don't con designer names such as Gucci, Lauren, Kors, and of course Clairborne.

How sad that a Walmart brand of purse would more-than-likely far surpassed this pitiful example of quality that the LIz Claiborne brand purports to possess.

Once again, I will INSIST that NO OTHER PRODUCT produced by your company darken my consumer door again -- as a well meaning gift or otherwise.

I would wager to guess that your merchandise is manufactured in a third-world country where the wages are reprehensible and the "employees" have more pressing problems on their minds -- like survival -- than producing exceptional service and craftsmanship.

Color me disgusted.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Quality was poor.

Liz Claiborne - Didn’t resolve the situation satisfactorily

I have a lifetime guarantee on luggage and the zipper is damaged so that I can’t use it! I want to get another bag per guarantee Joan Elston

Liz Claiborne travel bag

I went to Jcpenny because one side of my bag was not sewn but glued. The other side of the handle was sewn.

Why does Liz do poor work on one side with glue? The Jcpenny in Attleboro, MA was going to give me 3.75 for the bag back. It is insulting to like a bag very much only to tell a loyal customer that she needs her receipt. I think poor quality is also not good for a fabulous line and nMe for Liz Claiborne.

I am hurt and upset to be told to buy another bag. I am writing from LionessDD @aol.com cell phone (40-)651-0328 my name is Denise

Product or Service Mentioned: Liz Claiborne Bag.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Liz Claiborne Black Leather Purchase Purchased at Penney's

Purchased Liz Claiborne leather purse from Penney's last year. Although the purchase is leather, I failed to see where it states all trim is man made.

So now I have a purse that looks really good, I like it, but the handles are shredding and cracking. So what do I do now, have a "purse" that looks good because its real leather but the handles are horrible looking. Why not do a whole purse in leather? How much would have that added to the cost of the purse?

Made in China I'm sure so only a couple of dollars! Poor choice whoever is in charge of design and material quality!

Product or Service Mentioned: Liz Claiborne Bag.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

Same problem with the handles. Purse looks great; handles worn completely out. It's a shame.

I have the same problem The sides of the straps are cracking and falling apart. Just bought this purse in December Very disappointed

I bought my Liz Claiborne purse from Penneys in 2015 and I am experiencing the same problem with the handles. Love the purse otherwise. Looks like new...but the handles are tearing where they stitched them together.

Covington, Louisiana, United States #1299917

I bought a Liz claiborne purse the first one the handles came apart the stitching so returned it for another guess what it 's handles are coming apart that's it for me will never buy another one

Mountain View, California, United States #1298496

I have the same problem with my purse. I've used it 4 times and the handles are falling off.

Columbia, Missouri, United States #1275908

I have the same problem. I've hardly used the purse I bought and the handles are breaking...

I have cheaper LC purses that I've used and abused....this one I've hardly used, it's by far my favorite purse and I'm embarrassed to carry it and I'm afraid the handles will break. Such a disappointment!

View more comments

Liz Claiborne - Bag Review from Middletown, Ohio

4.2

2 of the screws where the handle connects to the purse came out 2 days after purchasing the bag and if unzip one of the zippers it a fight to zip back very unsatisfied .

Comments

I have a purse that has a missing screw also. Do you know where I can get another screw?

This blog wants me to post at least 50 words but I don't have anything else to say.

I just want to know where I can find a screw and maybe a couple extra one in case I lose another one. I really like my purse and would hate to have to give it up

Liz Claiborne - Bag Review from Brick Township, New Jersey

I bought this luggage & I just used it for the first time. The handle on the tote split already, there goes the set!

Liz Claiborne - Simple Review #1413330594

Also bought a Liz Claiborne purse at jcpennys in the spring but didn't take it out of the bag until October. One week later the screw came loose from the handle.

What a disappointment! And I really liked this purse too.